Dscoop Community
+00:00 GMT
Sign in or Join the community to continue

Get an Edge on Direct Mail with Competitive Intelligence & Omnichannel Marketing

Posted Jun 18, 2024 | Views 113
# Artificial Intelligence
# Direct Mail
# Omnichannel Marketing
# Sales and Marketing
# Technology
# Webinar
SUMMARY

Are you looking to maximize the impact of your direct mail campaigns? This insightful webinar explores the powerful synergy between competitive intelligence and omnichannel marketing to enhance your direct mail results.

*Discover how DirectMail2.0’s cutting-edge tools can seamlessly integrate your direct mail with digital channels, boosting engagement and response rates.

*Learn how to use Who's Mailing What! to gain invaluable insights into your competitors' direct mail strategies, uncovering trends and tactics that you can apply to stay ahead.

*Get inspired by real-world examples and best practices that demonstrate how these tools can drive superior campaign performance.

*Walk away with practical strategies and tips that you can implement immediately to optimize your direct mail campaigns and achieve measurable results.

Featured Speakers: *Brad Kugler, CEO of DirectMail2.0 & Who’s Mailing What! *Morgan DiGiorgio, SVP Sales & Marketing of DirectMail2.0 & Who’s Mailing What! *Paul Bobnak, Direct Mail Evangelist & Content Creator at Who's Mailing What!

Who Should Watch: *Marketing professionals looking to enhance their direct mail effectiveness *Business owners aiming to outpace their competition *Printers seeking creative lead generation strategy *Anyone interested in the latest trends and tools in direct mail and omnichannel marketing

Don't miss this opportunity to transform your direct mail campaigns and drive better results with the combined power of competitive intelligence and omnichannel marketing!

+ Read More
TRANSCRIPT

0:00

Welcome to our webinar where we're going to discuss today how you can get an edge on Direct Mail with competitive

0:06

intelligence and Omni Channel marketing my name is Morgan DiGiorgio I am the senior vice president sales and marketing for Direct Mail 2.0 and now

0:13

who's mailing want uh jointly our sole purpose is to make Direct Mail the most effective form of marketing by

0:19

integrating it with cutting edge technology and I am joined here today with our fearless leader Brad Kugler he

0:25

is our co-founder and CEO of direct mail 2.0 and CEO of who's mailing what and

0:32

Paul Bobnak content creator and Direct Mail evangelist for who's mailing what and we are super thrilled to have Paul

0:38

join us today he has been a staple in the direct mail industry for decades with a history with napco dating back to

0:44

when they owned whose mailing what and he has some interesting things to share with us so Paul thank you so much for

0:51

joining us today happy to be here yeah um so as a quick overview on today's

0:57

agenda we will be discussing the power of mail challenges opportunities with the channel and how we can improve the

1:02

direct ma direct mail through the utilization of our platforms like who's mailing what and Direct Mail 2.0 by

1:09

lifting the response rate showing tracking attribution and driving revenue for marketers printers and mail service

1:15

providers now if anyone has any questions throughout the webinar go ahead and pop them into the chat uh Brad

1:21

I'm hoping that maybe you can help to field some of these questions as we're going through the webinar uh as we go

1:27

along or we'll address them at the end uh so first things first let's start

1:33

with the foundation of it all and that is direct mail and Direct Mail advertising is a 58.5 billion industry

1:40

with 10.9 billion in the US forecasted to reach 20 billion by the end of this

1:46

year so almost double by the end of 2024 and nearly 72% of businesses use direct

1:53

mail to generate sales with over 91% of promo mail being read and opened so it's

1:59

it's not like email where I I open my email in the morning you have 100 spam email I just delete them all okay I

2:05

never see the marketing message I don't know what it was you know sorry I I never received it but when I go out to

2:11

my mailbox and I receive a direct mail piece whether or not I make the decision to pop that in the recycling bin I

2:17

received that marketing message right direct mail is tangible it takes 21% less cognitive effort to process it

2:24

activates the long-term memory centers in my brain so that marketing message impinges if it was repeated I would have

2:31

a high brand recall for that so the direct mail channel is very powerful because of those attributes and it's an

2:37

effective channel for all demographics now being as powerful of a channel that it is all channels have their challenges

2:45

and when we're speaking about direct mail from a marketer's perspective they have been experiencing increasing

2:51

advertising costs and getting the same results and there's a lot of reasons for that okay we've had you know

2:57

historically over the last few years supply chain issues uh paper shortages we've having twice a year postage

3:03

increases so we are getting the exact same product but we're paying more for it and we're getting probably the same

3:10

results or maybe less and you know it's not just the direct mail marketing channel that's experiencing this all

3:15

advertising across the board has actually increased the cost has increased and because the marketing

3:21

ecosystem is so saturated we are experiencing a degradation and results even in the digital ad space right so

3:27

these are some of the challenges and if I'm a marketer I want better results I want higher response rates I want more

3:33

leads I want to find ways to save money on my marketing and because I'm so cost

3:38

conscious it's even more important for me to want to be able to track and show attribution to my direct mail I I want

3:45

to know is it working should I continue to invest in this Channel and if possible I need to find streamlined

3:51

cost-effective solutions that are easy to deploy for my for my direct mail marketing now from a provider's

3:57

perspective I want to sell more Mill I I want to tap into a greater portion of that 58 billion revenue and I I don't

4:06

want to be in this continuous cost-based environment that I'm in and losing business to ABC printer down the street

4:13

because they're printing it for a cent less and in order to do that I have to find ways that I can add value I have to

4:20

differentiate myself I need to find ways that I can make Direct Mail more effective overcome price challenges and

4:26

show them that the mail is working so that they continue to invest in it and they continue to invest in me now think

4:34

about you know in order to improve mail firstly we need to understand the key and and core elements of a successful

4:41

mail campaign first things first the audience okay about 65% of who you're marketing to is your audience you know

4:47

short little story I actually received a mail piece last night not going to mention who it was from the organization

4:53

but it was a credit card offer um and it said in order for me to be able to take advantage of this offer I could not have

4:59

taken advantage of this offer or already had that card well I have the card and

5:06

I've already taken advantage of the offer so you know this just shows how important your audience is because when

5:12

that marketer gets a low response rate part of that reason is because they're marketing to people that don't even have

5:18

an opportunity to take advantage of the offer so it's like if if you don't have

5:24

uh if if people don't have a pet you don't Market to them about pet products so anyway rant over audience very

5:30

important and then of course clear bold headlines the offer call to action and more importantly once you you get the

5:37

the core elements of the direct mail campaign down you have to utilize effective marketing strategy like the

5:43

power of repetition and and have a way to track that and show the response and know whether or not it it's working

5:49

right so so collectively okay we've got three logos here we have three different

5:56

organizations okay two in existence we've got Direct meil 2.0 and now who's

6:01

mailing what and one in the midst of creation and that's dm2 doai and I'm

6:07

going to turn it over to uh Brad in a little bit and he's going to expound a little bit about upon that dm2 doai and

6:14

the direction um you know of these three organizations and where we're going and and they are all geared towards

6:19

producing successful actions for maale and providing solutions for all the challenges I just reviewed for marketers

6:25

and mail service providers so what I would like to do today is take an educational approach to how these

6:32

platforms can be harnessed to improve mail and the industry as a whole so

6:38

let's start by pointing some attention to the who's mailing what platform that

6:43

houses the most complete online collection of direct mail samples and is known as the go-to resource for direct

6:50

marketers copywriters designers printers and pretty much everyone involved in direct mail marketing and our platform

6:57

applies machine learning and modern analysis to mine the data from Direct

7:02

Mail campaigns and provide Insight that marketers can use to improve copy and design and increase direct Roi so I'll

7:10

get into the platform a little deeper here soon but first I'm going to turn it over to Paul so he can give us a little

7:17

history on who's mailing what and some additional Insight Paul awesome thanks

7:24

thanks so much Morgan you know the story of who's mailing what really started uh over 40 years ago with Denny hatch who

7:33

uh founded who's mailing what he is a uh longtime copywriter for book clubs and a

7:38

lot of other clients and in uh the early 80s he always at a lunch meeting in New

7:44

York City and uh it was a monthly lunch where they had guest speakers come in

7:50

and talk to everybody who was involved in the marketing and advertising uh industry at the time uh the one who

7:58

caught his attention was D Kerr she was the circulation director for us news and World Report and she said in her little

8:06

speech that to be successful in direct mail you have to see who's mailing what

8:12

love that phrase right uh track the mailings that keep coming in over and

8:17

over again which means they're successful controls and they're making lots of money and then steel smart so

8:25

those two key phrases who's mailing what and steel smart really uh stuck in Denny's mind and was

8:34

uh you know the basis for starting a service now he had for years kept a

8:41

swipe file of mail that he had received uh at home uh business mail as well uh

8:47

that he kept in filing cabinets I think they were in his basement and he would you know look to them for design ideas

8:55

copywriting ideas headlines strategy all kinds of uh little uh Direct Mail

9:03

tactics and he would mention that from time to time to friends of his who were in the business copywriters uh designers

9:10

art directors uh account Executives and they would come by and they would uh you know

9:15

look through the files get some ideas for their own Direct Mail campaigns and

9:20

then they'd go out to lunch and you know have a martini or two and uh so when he

9:26

heard Dorothy Kerr's words he decided to uh start a business where those

9:32

materials could be categorized and copied and sent out to

9:38

people who would pay a fee for that access to that service and he also wanted to start a newsletter where he

9:45

and other people who were in the business would talk about all the you know tactics that they could see in

9:51

previous month's mail and what they you know thought was interesting or worthwhile or learn from it and write

9:58

articles around that so they had a uh a dry test and uh they determined that

10:04

there was certainly enough interest in there to roll out with a uh monthly print newsletter which uh began in the

10:12

fall of 1984 and uh basically with that they

10:17

asked friends and colleagues to send in their mail and they would uh devote you

10:23

know an area of their house to categorizing all this mail and organizing and putting in these filing

10:31

cabinets and they would put together a list every month of all the month of all

10:36

the mail that we received in previous months and put that at the back of the newsletter and that will be there in

10:42

addition to all the articles with all the tips and ideas and Analysis and

10:48

Trends uh that would run every month and that was basically the beginning of

10:54

who's mailing what and we can go to the next slide so basically uh it became very

11:02

successful for several years um and the News size of the newsletter expanded

11:08

added a couple more pages uh the listings and the uh all the analysis

11:16

that were in there uh really caught a lot of people's attention including that of North American publishing company

11:22

which in 1992 purchased who's mailing what so that meant the newsletter that meant uh

11:29

all of the mail that had been uh stored in all these filing cabinets and the

11:35

hatches den and Peggy hatch moved to Philadelphia where uh napco media now uh

11:42

is located and ran who's mailing what in addition to running Target marketing

11:48

magazine which is which was one of the Publications uh run by uh North American

11:54

publishing company and with that new ownership they had more money more budget to uh expand the size of the

12:02

newsletter expand the circulation and start putting more money into uh

12:07

increasing their Holdings which uh you know was like just a basically a um a

12:14

chain from there just adding more and more and uh you know coverage was added

12:20

at some point to include postal issues to include uh nuts and bolts about uh

12:26

postage classes and printing um forc color printing was added as well to show

12:33

charts and graphs and mail pieces in their Fuller size and uh eventually the newsletter uh

12:42

migrated all of those listings of all the direct mail that was received to the

12:47

web and into a searchable database for

12:52

uh subscribers and in 2004 there was a

12:58

massive effort begun to scan all of these mail pieces and make them available as PDFs

13:06

to subscribers and take a look at the next

13:12

slide and we could just see a contrast right here the early years for the first

13:17

uh 16 years or for the first 14 15 years of the newsletter uh corer type uh corer

13:25

uh font print um black and white images

13:30

to larger uh 4color printing uh lot more

13:35

images easier to retype and a much broader analysis of what was going on in

13:41

direct mail so go to the next

13:46

slide so basically uh who's mailing what continued along over the years the name

13:51

of the newsletter itself was Chang to inside Direct Mail uh again to reflect

13:57

that broader coverage of other things going on in direct mail um and uh the

14:04

website the who's mailing what website with all the listings uh just added more

14:11

mailings every single year uh searchability improved over the years and in 2019 uh who's milon what was

14:18

acquired by Legion growth Partners which uh basically added a lot of new

14:25

capabilities to the site including uh ramping up the number of panelists to

14:32

contributed their mail uh adding more scans PDFs each month uh and on a

14:39

rolling basis instead of waiting to uh the end of a new month and uh

14:45

simplifying the number of Industries which made the website easier to search and then we come to May of this

14:53

year when who million what was acquired by Direct Mail 2.0 I guess that's the handoff to me

15:00

that's hand the hand off to you boss all right so this is where I get to talk about the thing that gets me up in the

15:05

morning so you know a lot of people ask me why why did you buy this and what are your plans so so this is kind of the the

15:13

part where where I get to sort of give you my vision on why I did this why I

15:20

did this it started about a year and a half ago I saw this product and I was like wow this is pretty impressive

15:26

they've got a lot of stuff in here a lot of ways to search this this is a valuable tool for marketers especially

15:31

Direct Mail marketers so we obviously are are intimately involved with Direct

15:37

Mail marketers whether they're the commercial printers or the mail service providers or the brands themselves they

15:43

have a need for this data so that was the first thing that attracted me and

15:49

I'm a I'm a product and data guy you know so I saw a deeper value which I

15:56

hope materializes itself but it already is coming to fruition um the price was right the database was

16:05

huge almost 3 400,000 pieces of mail from you know 30 or 40,000 different

16:11

brands and um I have a database too it so happens

16:17

you know we've managed 880,000 Direct Mail campaigns to 1.3 billion people and

16:26

not only do I have all of that data but I have the conversion or the engagement

16:32

data from those campaigns and if you're going to build a new

16:39

product that helps people make better Direct Mail what is the basic thing you

16:45

need you need all of the data you need the data as far as conversion you need the data as far as pieces who they went

16:52

to when they went out how many went out what are the the buckets or verticals

16:58

but the two companies dm2 and ourselves have more data than anybody in the

17:05

United States I don't care if you say well what about rard donelly and and quad and Taylor Corp yes they have a lot

17:13

of campaigns and they have billions of pieces but what they don't have is breath okay those large companies focus

17:21

on they have thousands of customers I don't don't doubt that but they're very large customers doing very large volume

17:29

I have data from thousands and thousands tens of thousands of Brands doing

17:34

mailings at the neighborhood level at the regional level and at the national level and I have all that data in the

17:43

same over in some cases almost decades so if I'm going to make Direct Mail

17:51

better through new technology which leads to the path to Ai and Predictive

17:57

Analytics or propensity model in you got to have the data everything is based on

18:03

having the rights to the data so to me this was a no-brainer there was already solid

18:08

technology um this is a beach head in a coming Niche or a coming change in this

18:15

industry that nobody else has and I don't say that I'm the smartest

18:22

guy in the room but I can see the forest through the trees I can see where this data can take me so basically what I

18:30

want to do is take this data and help everybody whether a brand or a

18:36

commercial printer or a mail server service provider get better results from their mail and of course everyone goes

18:43

well well how are you going to do that you know and I'll get into that in a second but I I wanted to give you some

18:48

of the initial things we've only owned this company for five weeks weeks yeah it's nothing

18:56

but I can already tell you because I you know you get what you focus on we already have more panelists active right

19:03

now than in the history of who's mailing what we have more new pieces that came

19:09

in last week than in any single week in the history of who's mailing what we're getting more pieces daily than we've

19:15

ever gotten so as one of the first steps we're ramping up the collection of the

19:21

of the data the next major step is improving the quality of the data that

19:26

being the scans or the SC the the data that's comprises the database this

19:33

includes offering more Search terms offering more ways to compartmentalize

19:39

and and combine or search the data and I'll give you an example like uh I'm I'm

19:45

big into technology we you announ we announced a partnership with flow code well some marketers need to know how

19:52

many cards out there how many pieces of mail are using QR codes well this data

19:57

could be very easily gotten from the technology that we have and we can say show me all the people that have used QR

20:04

codes in a certain ZIP code or a certain industry or certain State um other things is you know maybe tracking serial

20:13

numbers and Tim to Market there's so many different filters that can be done

20:18

there's a new growing aspect in the in the direct mail industry which I'm very interested in are these handwritten note

20:24

cards how pervasive is it who's getting it how how much is it growing I have all

20:30

the data to provide excuse me to provide that intelligence so these are the

20:35

things that we're already working on that will come out uh hopefully usually

20:40

takes longer than we hope but it will happen but for the longer term thing I

20:45

wanted to take just a second and just show you something we're working on so I'm gonna I'm G to show you what the

20:53

hopeful start of this Direct Mail dm2 doai IAS so you probably can see this

21:01

table here so what we're doing is I'm taking all of the campaigns that have

21:06

gone through our platform and again no privacy information I'm taking the campaigns and I'm putting them into

21:12

buckets all right by vertical as you could see as you can see here excuse me

21:18

and each one you can see uh the number of Impressions that's the digital ad

21:24

plus the mail piece it's the number of engagements phone calls QR Cod scans SMS

21:29

responses website visits anything that's attributable to the mail piece and we

21:35

create an engagement rate for that piece in this case for financial services the Baseline is 4% all right with every one

21:44

of those mail pieces I have tagged 24 different attributes we went through a

21:49

huge project that is ongoing forever where we went through every mail piece and we tagged the headline the call to

21:56

action was there a QR code image to text ratio the the size of the mail piece the

22:02

class of the mail piece we're even OCR reading the keywords in the headline the

22:07

key wordss in the call to action why are we doing all this tedious work because now what I can do is I can

22:14

plot incremental increases or decreases from that Baseline so if you mailed a

22:22

financial services piece to a certain zip code at a certain date and that

22:27

piece you make nailed did not have a QR code that made uh get a lower engagement

22:34

rate than say one with a QR code so I know that a QR code will increase an

22:39

engagement rate on a mail piece by a fixed percentage for that zip code for those dates for that vertical so this is

22:46

something nobody's ever had nobody has the database to do this and how does it affect the mailer or the brand well they

22:53

have a concept for a mailing they upload a copy of their sample creative piece they upload their zip codes they upload

23:00

their mail date and obviously their vertical and it Compares it to our Baseline database of 880,000

23:06

campaigns and it will tell you hey if your image detex ratio is below 40% your

23:12

headline is at 72 points and you use the word sale in it you should get a 177%

23:19

increase in your engagement rate how much savings have you got rather than

23:25

mail out a $10,000 campaign for 99 bucks you could have been told that change

23:31

some of your targeting change some of your creative and guess what you'll probably get a lift in your engagement

23:37

rate for a measly little spend this is what I'm building this is what gets me out of bed in the morning and this is

23:43

why I'm super excited about this product this is where we're going I love to talk about it I've been told that I have a a

23:50

short uh platform but I would love to answer any questions on it and uh I hope

23:57

to have timeline I hope to have a public beta by the

24:02

fall and I hope to be selling this product by the first quarter of

24:07

2025 so again I mean I've had a lot of interest I've had people come up to us

24:14

nobody's doing this sure go ahead and do it try I think you know there's

24:19

collaboration but I think I got the best database so let's let's go to it and give the the public the best the best

24:26

results so what an incredible Visionary we have here and and it's very exciting

24:32

and uh you know Brad I'm sure we'll be doing a full webinar once we roll this out and and doing a full demo on the

24:39

platform and all the intricacies uh within that um you know and that's just

24:45

a couple months away so stay tuned you know any and just think about what this will do for the Improvement of mail and

24:50

all those costc conscious customers that are looking to save money and and the the Improvement of the performance and

24:56

response of direct mail so phenomenal I'm excited about it um so now I'm going

25:02

to shift the focus back over uh to the who's mailing what platform okay and so

25:08

um this platform is a direct mail secret weapon okay for competitive intelligence copy that converts a new client lead

25:14

generation and we have the ability to deliver performance insights um identify the best performing creative com

25:21

components identify active print mailers we can show which businesses are actively using Direct Mail provide their

25:28

cont cont information and show you their exact creatives and and we can also help you track your competition you know if

25:34

you want to know what they're mailing what offers they're utilizing if they're sending out $200 off you don't want to be sending out 50 right and you can also

25:41

get weekly alerts for new campaigns allowing you to modify your strategy in real time so now let's talk a little bit

25:47

about getting some creative insights and inspiration because who's mailing what can uncover elements that can help you

25:52

create that successful mail piece by showing you what those attention grabbing headlines are the offers that

25:58

are converting that the action driving keywords all of those core foundational elements of a successful Direct Mail

26:04

campaign you can get all of that insight and it helps you put together the highest performing creative for your

26:10

customers or your own mail campaigns so you can come out on top and have the best possible Roi for your direct mail

26:17

marketing investment you can also use the platform to track and outperform your competition by gaining competitive

26:24

marketing intelligence and see what's working and what isn't right research the effectiveness of those offers right

26:30

testing costs a lot of money so when you have Insight already in into that competitive advantage that really puts

26:37

you ahead of uh other other marketers in that space um it's also a sales and Lead

26:43

gen tool so you can access sales leads of print friendly clients know their creative needs before talking to them

26:50

who's mailing one actually reveals which businesses are actively using the mail and and when you get their contact information you can reach out to them

26:56

about their creative and talk to them about how you might be able to help them improve uh what they're currently

27:01

mailing so in a nutshell who can benefit from who's mailing what and how well service providers seeking leads uh

27:08

direct marketers researching the competition and creative people seeking inspiration and in our database we have

27:15

over 291,000 mail campaigns with over 38,000 marketers and in the last 90 days

27:22

we have added over 10,000 new mail campaigns and a th000 new marketers now this uh this information is on the who's

27:28

mailing what website it's updated on a daily basis so you can see what's in our database we're continuing as Brad said

27:36

we just acquired this company five weeks ago but we have great plans to grow this

27:41

database and and we already have um so we Source our intelligence like all the

27:47

our Direct Mail campaigns through handpick panelists all across the country and these active panelists are

27:53

distributed across a wide range of GE geographies and demographics to ensure that we're able to offer you the most

27:59

comprehensive collection of print campaigns so every day they these panelists are scanning every single

28:05

piece of direct mail that they receive and they upload that into our system and we tag the creative based on industry

28:10

format location of panelist company name uh volume of mail or and and also based

28:15

on control groups and that's something that we do that is telling uh how many

28:21

times the mail has has mailed uh month over month and year over year now our

28:27

platform uses is a Google like search function so that allows you to search through the almost 300,000 creatives

28:33

utilizing different keywords so you can search by industry we have 21 business categories we have 85 subcategories um

28:40

you can search by panelist location format like catalog envelope postcard um

28:45

those control groups and whether it's B2B uh or b2c you can also search by

28:51

company name you can save searches uh you can follow companies and receive email alerts whenever a new Direct Mail

28:58

piece for that company has been added into the database you'll get an email uh so you can see what they're mailing and

29:04

I'll show you a little bit more about that in a few slides here now uh on the

29:09

creative S search uh side of the platform let's say that I want to run mailings for insurance companies and so

29:15

I want to get creative ideas for best practices or perhaps I need to provide some suggestions to one of my insurance

29:21

clients or uh I might want to look at the creative to see what I might be able to improve upon and reach out to them to

29:28

try to acquire their direct mail business so a lot of different use cases here uh I search the keyword insurance

29:35

and I filter by Grant controls which is meaning that those mail pieces have been utilized year over year for three plus

29:43

years which we can assume this is an effective piece since it's been so consistently utilized so when I search

29:50

Insurance Progressive Insurance pulls up okay I can see all parts of the mail piece I can see the performance score

29:56

that we assign now we we assign a score from 1 to 100 and those are calculated on a couple of different factors such as

30:03

how much money is being invested in the direct mail uh by The Advertiser how closely the copy correlates with our

30:09

controls is the format the most responsive for the industry uh also correlation of features such as color

30:16

and images and other key factors uh how that compares to the most successful

30:21

campaigns okay so sorting by performance score within an industry will help you

30:27

identify those camp that you might consider mimicking but you might also learn what not to do by looking at the

30:34

lower rated creative versions right so like I said before testing is expensive

30:39

so with this approach you should be able to increase the probability of success and and reduce testing costs okay so our

30:48

second search functionality is by mail Advertiser I can search by a company name or I can search by mail Advertiser

30:54

type and I can apply several different criteria like the industry with the categories and 21 subcategories the

31:01

advertising profile criteria and even headquarters location so for this example I searched

31:08

by T-Mobile I wanted to see if they were mailing first of all and if so how many

31:13

campaigns did we have in our platform I wanted to gain insight into those creatives and how many contacts I could

31:19

identify at the organization so I could reach out to them and Prospect them uh I can also see here that they are a large

31:25

volume mailer okay so if I'm looking for somebody that sends out a lot of mail I can identify that here so then I would

31:32

click into the creative and I can see the promotion they're running I can see the offer I can see where it was sent from and I can see that performance

31:37

score now when I scroll down in the platform this is also where I can see the curated contacts for T-Mobile I can

31:44

unlock their information I can see if they are likely to respond I can see if they're flagged or known to be a direct

31:50

mail professional now just a little key about this if they're not flagged as a

31:56

DM Pro it doesn't mean they aren't a direct mail professional perhaps there just wasn't any information that we were

32:01

able to acquire about them that identified or correlated them with the direct mail industry so don't

32:06

necessarily count them out if they don't have that flag okay so the type of

32:11

information I can see for a contact is name job title website phone number

32:16

email and their social accounts so you have the ability to actually save these

32:22

contacts you can build a prospecting list and you can export them so maybe you want to upload those into your CR so

32:28

that your sales team can start picking up the phone and Dialing for Dollars or emailing them so this is a really great

32:33

lead gen tool if you're prospecting for new mail business now the last feature

32:40

in our platform is DM services and this is going to allow you to search for companies that provide any Services

32:46

relevant to the direct mail industry so maybe you want to find marketing companies that you would like to reach

32:52

out to to see who's doing their fulfillment you know you'd like to do their fulfillment or maybe you need a

32:57

list provider or a creative company or an envelope or a paper company this

33:03

would allow you to identify different companies in the direct mail space providing those various Services okay so

33:11

now that we've reviewed who's mailing what and we've identified best practices

33:17

for the direct mail piece let's talk about how we can boost the response even further from the successful creative

33:23

Elements by layering on an omni Channel marketing approach now Direct Mail 2.0

33:29

can lift the response to direct mail campaigns on average about 23 to 46% for

33:35

a nominal few pennies per mail piece okay this is this also is a sales tool

33:41

that can be used by mail service providers this when I was talking earlier about needing to find ways for you guys to add value and set yourselves

33:48

apart from other print providers in the space this is a unique selling proposition this is something you are

33:54

doing different in Above and Beyond in on paper you you are adding that value and and you can acquire new mail

34:01

business by presenting something different also our platform uses tools

34:06

that show tracking and attribution to prove that the mail is working to keep marketers investing in the direct mail

34:12

marketing channel so in a nutshell Direct Mail 2.0 is a marketing based

34:18

solution it's designed to seamlessly track the effectiveness of your client's Direct Mail campaigns while lifting the

34:25

response through the integration of digital platforms so we use an omni

34:30

Channel marketing approach we we harness that powerful impact that's been driven by the direct mail you know and I was

34:37

talking earlier about how it's activating those long-term memory centers in the brain and it's impinging

34:43

well we utilize Direct Mail we harness that power and we turn that mail impression into multiple Impressions

34:49

across digital platforms okay so we're utilizing the most effective marketing

34:54

tactics such as repetition and the use of multiple channels in one of the most

35:00

costeffective manners possible while also providing tracking and Reporting in a real-time dashboard okay so we have 14

35:10

different technologies that we layer on a mail campaign we are about to roll out the 15th right Brad next week or maybe

35:16

the week after landing pages coming soon well I'll tell you it's just actually texting with that so landing

35:23

pages beta uh there's little tweaks we hoped it was this week it still could be this

35:28

week definitely next week version one landing pages out next week obviously

35:34

the first thing we do is we get right to work on of course any bugs or anything

35:39

features that are most needed that were not included in version one and then hopefully we release a version two

35:45

within 30 to 60 days after version one awesome so I mean we started with three

35:52

Technologies okay so when I was talking about Pride being a Visionary I mean we're up to 50 here now so anybody on

35:59

the webinar today too if there's something we don't have but you would like or you think would be valuable or

36:05

help to improve the response to mail we want to know about it you know so reach out to us we've got an open email open

36:12

call policy just let us know you know we're always interested in how we might be able to add value so we've got all

36:18

these technologies that we layer on the mail they're either uh using Omni Channel or lifting or tracking the

36:23

response to mail um we also have a real-time reporting dashboard so if

36:29

you're a mail service provider you can actively manage all of your clients Direct Mail campaigns and then your

36:35

clients it it's white labeled so it would be uh all of your imagery your

36:41

logo it would never say anything about Direct Mail 2.0 and then your clients can log into that dashboard and in real

36:47

time they can see the the response of all their direct mail campaigns they can drill into each technology they can

36:53

export reports we have an API if they don't want to use manual exportation of

36:59

reports um so a lot of value there though you know Brad was talking about

37:04

how valuable data is well if I'm a marketer once I have access to the data

37:10

and I can see how a campaign is performing and who the audience is and and what they're responding to I can use

37:17

that data to continuously improve my direct mail campaigns with each draw

37:23

okay so there's so much value there in that and just utilizing that to your advantage so you can keep improving uh

37:31

you know unfortunately every marketing campaign you run is some sort of a test you know but as as you were hearing Brad

37:37

talk about the use of dm2 doai and this data we are looking to find ways to

37:42

minimize you know all of those variables right so that you can have the most effective Direct Mail campaigns now one

37:50

of our features that we have in our dashboard is showing realtime attribution tracking so when your client

37:57

logs into the dashboard and you of course see this as well as you have oversight over your client's campaigns

38:03

you can see every time a direct mail recipient actually responded to the direct mail campaign and we provide you

38:10

with a nice little report that shows you that they responded who they are which channels they responded through and that

38:16

can be exported so this is showing and proving the efficacy of direct mail okay

38:21

and one of these channels is the lead match technology I can identify a website visitor and I can tell tell you

38:28

if someone on your mailing list went to the website and that is so powerful because if I am standing in my living

38:33

room and I have a direct mail piece and I go online you do not know that the

38:39

direct mail worked it drove me to the website but unless I buy something or fill out a form you don't know that but

38:46

with technology and tools like this we can show that the mail is working we can prove its effecacy and furthermore we

38:52

know who so that our sales team can follow up with that now if you're not

38:57

not sure what Omni Channel marketing is this is a good example and gives you a little bit of maass Geico is very good

39:02

at Omni Channel marketing okay we can see the offline and the online channels the gecko the Geico the 15 minutes could

39:08

save you 15% or more is translated across all channels and you would say well you know Geico is a multi-billion

39:15

dollar organization and they spend a lot of money on marketing and that's true but the majority of your customers probably don't have the demographic that

39:23

Geico has but with the appropriate marketing strategy and employing Omni Chan they could be the Geico of their

39:29

demographic now Omni channel is so powerful okay I just want to talk a

39:35

little bit about how powerful it is with some of these statistics when you're coordinating digital and direct mail you

39:41

can increase your website visits by 68% well why do I care well the website is

39:47

where people convert all roads lead to the website so it's so important to increase that web traffic to improve the

39:54

likelihood of a conversion it's also going to increase generated leads and about 97% of organizations using Direct

40:01

Mail campaigns with digital are reporting better campaign performance not to mention that purchase frequency

40:08

is 250% higher on Omni Channel vers single Channel and the average order value is

40:15

133% more per order on Omni Channel now 73% of retail consumers are Omni Channel

40:23

Shoppers meaning they're utilizing multiple channels so they are expecting an omni Channel experience buyers and

40:30

Prospects like to start the buying journey in certain channels they research through others and they convert

40:35

in others so utilizing multiple channels is increasing the likelihood of a conversion not to mention that by

40:41

integrating digital elements you have the ability to track the user Behavior like the website visits or the coupon

40:48

usage leading to a more measurable return on your investment okay now

40:55

according to napco what would convince a company to use more print 42% the top

41:01

thing unique print programs that that tie print to digital channels okay they are looking for Solutions like this and

41:09

also they show that marketers who use four to six channels in their marketing campaigns report the best response rates

41:16

so historically there was a proverbial tug-of War okay between offline and

41:24

online all right we have customers like well should I invest in off offline in direct mail or should I invest in digital and the truth of the matter is

41:31

is that if you're not using both you are probably not having a very successful

41:37

marketing strategy okay they both play so well together in the sandbox and employing the right mix of these

41:43

channels with a right Omni Channel approach is going to get you the highest row as possible on your marketing spent

41:51

and there's a lot of reasons for that you know one is because of the way that people respond to marketing okay if I

41:58

respond to a direct mail piece I scan a QR code someone tells me about something I see a digital ad I am going to the

42:05

website okay the problem is is that about 96% of people leave once they get

42:11

there they don't convert right away they don't fill out a form they don't buy anything they leave they go to

42:16

competitors's websites they read their reviews and we need to find ways that we

42:21

can get back in front of them in as many instances as we can to remind them of

42:27

their interest divert them away from our competitors that our marketing unfortunately drove them to and drive

42:34

them back to us so that we can get the business and Omni channel is a really

42:40

great way to do that and the only thing you're really doing here guys is you're employing the

42:46

power of repetition okay and it doesn't matter what channel you're using I don't care if it's Direct Mail digital email

42:53

whatever it is you have to get in front of your prospects multiple times you can think about the marketing rule of sevens

42:59

that tells you get in front of your prospects at least seven times now that the ad space is so saturated you really

43:05

kind of had to get in front of them a little bit more um you know our platforms we drive anywhere from around

43:11

8 to 32 Impressions per piece because we have seen that statistically about 80%

43:17

of sales uh conversions and nonprofit donation and political the vote are

43:22

occurring somewhere between the 8th and the 12th okay so when you you can get your prospects up into these contact

43:29

margins where a conversion is taking place you are lifting the likelihood of a lift in response to the mail add the

43:37

digital on to help increase the response to the mail campaigns and you have so

43:43

many different channels and touch points that you can take advantage of so why

43:49

not harness these especially when we know that the number of channels that

43:54

Global customers are leveraging on average is about eight right so if you're just using one channel or two or

44:01

three you're missing the boat okay you're missing the boat right so Omni

44:07

channel for marketers get in front of your direct mail recipients Direct Mail 2.0 helps you get anywhere from 8 to 32

44:15

Touches for less than the cost of a stamp okay we'll give you real-time trackable results through a dashboard we

44:21

can streamline effective marketing strategies just through one single platform and some of our Technologies

44:28

also qualify for postal discounts so while you're lifting the response to

44:33

your mail you can also take advantage of a little discount uh on your Postage and

44:39

if you're a print provider this is a solution that can differentiate you from other providers in the space okay this

44:47

gives you a tool to go out and acquire new business provide that value that marketers are looking for um and really

44:55

you know have high profit margins too on the Omni channel right so no postage on

45:01

the Omni Channel um but by incorporating who's mailing what and Direct Mail 2.0 and and

45:08

soon to be dm2 do.ai technology in your mail campaigns

45:13

you can increase response rates revenue and you can take advantage of postal discounts and savings so I know that was

45:21

a lot of information we covered today um if you're interested in getting a demo like a full walk through demo of the

45:28

who's mailing what platform um scan the QR code on the right on the website

45:33

there's also a free trial now it's a it has gated access so you you can't

45:39

download any company or contact information but you can uh look at 10 creatives so go sign up for a free trial

45:45

check it out um and then if you would like a demo of dm2 you can scan the QR

45:51

code on the left and we'll we'll walk you through the 14 Technologies in the journey and we'll show you our reporting

45:56

Das board and and all of its Glory so um we really appreciate you taking some

46:01

time with us today I hope that you found some of it educational and valuable um

46:07

Brad how are the questions coming along have you been able to to manage the questions in the chat oh you're

46:15

muted hold on Paul's muted too let's so I've been answering all the

46:22

questions some great questions great comments uh I just finished I got another one here let's see what it is oh

46:29

I saw you feverishly typing away over there uh you're welcome Brandy um but I

46:36

don't know do PE are people able to see the questions because I typed the answers and and yeah to everyone it was

46:42

to everybody if it was so yeah so um yes

46:47

a copy of this will go out to anyone who's registered whether they're there live or not so you will get a copy of this please please uh either sign up for

46:55

a demo of dm2 or try who's mailing what in fact I want

47:01

to know what we can do to make this better I'm a product guy and and I want to know hey if it did this or if it

47:07

could just do that I'm not saying we're gonna do it but I want to hear about it and um if we all think it's a good idea

47:14

it'll happen someday but it happen sure sure

47:20

awesome well thank you so much everybody for joining us Paul thank you again uh you know be on the lookout for Paul and

47:27

his meet the mailers and he puts together some fire content you can you can check that out on our blog we're

47:33

really grateful to him for all of that um as a direct mail evangelist he has some really good content to share there

47:40

as well so everybody thank you for your time we hope you enjoy the rest of your afternoon

+ Read More

Watch More

Merging Direct Mail with Digital for Omnichannel Marketing Success
Posted Jan 02, 2024 | Views 249
# Advertising
# Automation
# Digital Marketing
# Direct Mail
# Education
# Executives
# Marketing
# Omnichannel Marketing