# labels
# Operations
# Sales and Marketing
# Strategy
# Digital Printing
# Insights
# Leadership
SUMMARY

Emily and Helena Kellock are shaping the future of the UK label provider.

+ Read More
TRANSCRIPT

Emily and Helena Kellock are two young professionals driving the family business, Label Apeel, to new heights with their innovative spirit, fresh perspectives and passion for delighting clients. As third-generation leaders, the sisters are following in the footsteps of their father, Stuart Kellock, and taking on crucial roles to shape the future of the company that was started by their grandfather in a garden shed in Leicestershire, UK.

The sisters' paths to Label Apeel were not direct, yet they share a deep connection to the business. Helena, who joined first, pursued a corporate career after studying business management. However, the pull of the family legacy was strong, and two years ago, she made the decision to step into the managing director role, where she is now guiding the company through its next phase of growth.

For Emily, her journey to Label Apeel came after a realization during her economics studies. “I was halfway through my degree when I started thinking, ‘Is this really what I want to do?’” Emily explains. “Watching Helena have such an impact on the business inspired me, and I decided to take a different path and join Label Apeel 18 months ago.”

The Kellock sisters have a unique dynamic that has strengthened their leadership approach. “People are often surprised when they hear we’re sisters working together, but we’ve always been friends first,” says Emily. “That relationship translates to a really strong working bond. There’s no one I’d rather be doing this with.”

Label Apeel has long been recognized for its commitment to high-quality label production, particularly in the premium beers, wines, and spirits sector. Under Emily and Helena’s leadership, the company has maintained its reputation for excellence while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in label design and production. “Our motto is simple: if nobody else can do it, come to us. We love a challenge,” says Helena. “And we’re always experimenting, especially with new materials or techniques that customers want to explore.”

This adventurous approach is paired with a deep understanding of the importance of branding and packaging. Helena's experience in corporate retail has given her valuable insights. “I used to work for Aldi, and I saw firsthand how much branding influences purchasing decisions. It’s the same with wine, for example—people often choose based on the label. We know how critical it is to get the packaging right.”

Emily adds that the company’s focus on customer service goes hand in hand with their technical expertise. “We see ourselves as partners, not just suppliers. It’s not just about delivering a product — it’s about ensuring that every label we produce reflects our clients’ brands perfectly."

Together, they're ensuring that Label Apeel remains at the forefront of the industry while staying true to its family roots. Their vision for the future is clear: continue innovating, provide world-class service and maintain the culture of excellence that has made Label Apeel a leader in the UK label industry.

+ Read More
Sign in or Join the community
Innovating Print, Together

Create an account

Innovating Print, Together
Change email
e.g. https://www.linkedin.com/in/xxx or https://xx.linkedin.com/in/xxx
I agree to Dscoop Community’s Terms of Service, Code of Conduct and Privacy Policy.

Watch More

Lemorau is a Label Industry Pioneer
Posted Jun 18, 2024 | Views 272
# Finishing
# Edge Conference
# EdgeIndy
# Partners
# Innovation
# Labels & Packaging
How Printers Boost Automation and Growth with HP PrintOS
Posted May 14, 2024 | Views 607
# Automation